Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Introduction

First of all this blog will be focusing on Looney Tunes ( and Merrie Melodies) since Warner Brothers are releasing every single cartoon (from their golden era roughly from the late 30's to early 60's) on the Golden Collection Series, I thought ( or rather a friend of mine suggested) that it would be a good idea so start a blog analyzing each cartoon.
If you do look up the cartoon titles on major sites like imdb or wikipedia, you'll get scant information and i'm sure that there are other sites doing the same thing but it's an experiment i'd like to try.
I will try update daily but I can't promise this, however i'll try my best. Plus I will not analyse each cartoon in chronological order but in the order they appear on the boxsets. So far I have vols 1 & 2, with 3 and 4 on the way ( 5 can wait a bit longer)

I will not include trivia regarding censoring or things like that. What you'll get is a brief summary of each cartoon and my impressions on this. One thing I do gurantee is that I will watch the cartoon before I comment. I won't be pasting youtube links or pics either as the former will be defunct after a couple of weeks and sometimes it can happen to the latter as well.
So as a last question - why did I choose Looney Tunes?
will first of all I've been watching them obsessively since the age of 8 and I'm showing no signs of stopping. Now that the Golden Collection sets have been appearing on the market, I am now able to have the whole collection.
So Let's Begin!

2 comments:

Daniel Vella said...

Hey good to see you've started this up :-)

Will look forward to reading them...keep it up!

student101 said...

i like d way u love looney tunes :D.
yvi